Project Resource Management Software - Scheduling and Workforce Planning
Optimize your resource utilization and improve forecasting with Tenrox resource management and scheduling software
- Am I getting the most out of my project workforce?
- Do I have the required skills for the new projects that are in the pipeline?
- Do I need to outsource, hire new people or invest more in training?
- Who is over worked? Which team members are not doing enough? Who is on the bench?
- How can I find the optimal way of scheduling my employees and consultants?
Resource management and scheduling, project workforce planning - across your entire organization as well as for your consultants and partner network
Your work is project-based and often divided into small components. Talent is not localized; your team members now work from many remote locations and in multiple time zones. Effective project workforce management in a decentralized project-based business starts with an agile workforce planning strategy that adjusts to changes in your project demand, and a powerful yet simple web-based project resource management and scheduling tool that is deployed quickly, easily adapts to the way you do business, and is a pleasure to use.
Who needs project resource management and scheduling software?
Any organization with more than ten team members or a service company with billable resources will benefit from Tenrox resource management and scheduling, workforce planning software. Particularly if your projects and team members are geographically dispersed or you have multiple talent sources: centralized, remote and external.
Highlights of Tenrox resource management software:
- 100% web based solution delivered on-demand or on-premise
- Implement in hours not weeks with minimal training
- Define any number of skill types and levels
- Assign skills and skill levels to your resources
- Intuitive self-service tools, quick and easy interface reduces administrative burden
- Resources can use a self service skill update request to inform their manager of their new expertise, training or certifications which, once approved, automatically updates the employee’s skill profile
- Setup your projects and tasks with start and end dates; shifting a project or task automatically updates bookings
- Manage your workforce’s skill inventory and availability in one central work scheduling system to get a complete and instant picture of your resource pool
- Holidays and approved leave requests automatically mark employee’s work calendar as unavailable during their time off
- Book resources against unlimited number of projects and tasks; book resources by the hour, by day or by FTE (full time equivalent)
- Book work to roles instead of choosing specific resources for forecasting purposes or to indicate resource shortages
- Employees can use “my schedule” to view their color-coded calendar of current and upcoming work as well as their time off
- Project and group managers can view team members’ color-coded calendars, schedules and bookings before assigning work or making schedule changes
- Project managers can view and modify the project’s total booked hours, assigned resources and the project’s complete work schedule
- Use forecasted cost and billing rates to estimate your upcoming project pipeline’s cost and billing
- Powerful color coded reporting and powerful OLAP analytics enables you to quickly view resource allocations so that you can identify and resolve scheduling conflicts, project overlaps, resource overloads or under allocation, bench time, or more optimal resource deployments
Resource management and scheduling software system with built-in integrations to optimize workforce planning, employee scheduling and project delivery
Successful resource management and scheduling can be achieved by looking at your historical capacity planning and project performance reports to improve demand forecasting and identify new employee scheduling best practices. The combination of Tenrox resource management and scheduling, time and expense tracking, cost and revenue accounting software with your existing CRM and HR systems provides incredible efficiencies and new revenue opportunities you previously could not even conceive.
There is also unprecedented integration between Tenrox project planning and resource management and scheduling. These functions exchange information on tasks assigned to roles (as opposed to specific users) in the project plan. You can subsequently substitute the role with matching resources and automatically publish the changes to user timesheets.
Resource management and scheduling software helps you increase resource utilization, improve forecasting and reduce your operational planning costs
Agile resource management and scheduling in a decentralized, dispersed, project-based organization is critical for success. With Tenrox resource management and scheduling software you can see your entire organization as a “shared project workforce” and manage your worldwide inventory of skills, expertise and capacity. Resource management and scheduling, project workforce planning, capacity planning, and forecasting have never been easier. You now have a central hub for matching skills and availability to achieve successful employee scheduling optimization. Tenrox resource management and scheduling software helps you match, book, track, and manage your decentralized talent.
“With Tenrox, we have a disciplined, structured way to capture all the data and the details and the ability to track, monitor, and analyze any project at any time. The workforce planning tools help us maximize resource allocation and gain better visibility into our projects for more efficient, effective delivery of our services. The software also will help us streamline our billing and cost accounting processes and give real-time revenue and cost overviews for our projects.”
PSVillage Annual Survey of Professional Services Sales Practices
Taking Services Selling to New Heights
This report provides a snapshot of today's real-world challenges and solutions and gives ideas on how to scale your business by building on the lessons of these experienced leaders.
Project Management from Sales to Services - Best Practices for Complete Visibility from CRM to Project Management Systems
During this webinar you will learn how CRM and project management software can integrate and exchange information to provide sales and project teams ...